Learn more about the Encouraging Entrepreneurship and self-employment initiative!
Are you a young Australian with a great business idea? If so, our friends at the Department of Employment have launched the Encouraging Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment initiative to help young Australians start and run their own business!
What is the Encouraging Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment initiative?
There initiative is made up of are four key measures to support young people starting a business:
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS) – provides help by offering tailored training, mentoring and income support to young people who want to become self-employed by starting a business.
- SelfStart Online Hub – provides information to guide young people through the first stages of starting their own business including planning, validating your idea, finding local support, and perfecting your pitch.
- Entrepreneurship Facilitators – facilitators work in areas of high youth unemployment promoting entrepreneurship to help young people get their business idea up and running.
- ‘Exploring being my own boss’ workshops – the two week workshops provide young job seekers with a taste of what’s involved in self-employment and starting a business. After these workshops, participants will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in running a small business.
Find out more:
- Go to the Department of Employment website to learn more about the Encouraging Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment initiative.
- Read our information to find out how to start a business as a young person.
- Head to the Department of Employment website to learn more about programs and services supporting young Australians to find work.
- Download our Starting a business checklist to help guide you through the various stages of business.
- You might also like to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to stay-up-to-date on business information.