If your business is a registered company, a law change means you must have a director who lives in New Zealand – or who lives in Australia and is a director of an Australian registered company – by 28 October.
You’ll also need to provide some extra information about directors and any ultimate holding company with your next annual return.
Make sure you’re sorted by following this quick and easy checklist:
Companies Amendment Act
By 28 October 2015 make sure:
- your company has at least one director who:
- lives in New Zealand; or
- lives in Australia and is a director of an Australian registered company. You’ll be asked for the Australian company’s name, address and Australian Company Number (ACN).
(Note: if your company has more than one director living in Australia and they are a director of an Australian registered company, each director will be required to provide the details of an Australian company that they are a director of).
- you provide the following details of any ultimate holding company (if applicable):
- name of the ultimate holding company
- its registration number or code (if any)
- its country of registration
- its registered office.
Contact us if you have any queries.